3.07.2011

Craft it forward

As I was tidying up my sewing room I found this. One of my first craft projects.
I think I made it when I was 6 or 7 years old.

Lately I've been feeling crafty. Not that I have been very productive, but somehow inspired by many things and many people.
I tried some printing on fabric today - had the wrong kind of paint.. didn't work out.
Remembered I'd done some printing with some printmaking colours (for etching and engraving prints) - couldn't open the colour tube.. So that didn't work out, either.. 
I even tried some smoke printing which I've done on paper earlier and that worked out a bit better. Although I would have wanted the snow flakes to be white.. 
Materials: Recycled tent
For the print: a candle, olive oil etc, a tile, a paintbrush or a swab, a stencil.

¨ ¨ ¨
In the midst of all this I stumbled upon the challenge (here at v a l o) I have skipped several times this year thinking I won't be able to pull it off. But.. this time I decided to participate. After all, I have almost a year to execute this..

Craft it Forward 2011 rules: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here... They must in turn post this on their blog and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment. The rules are that it must be handmade by you (sewing, painting, pottery, photography, whatever!), and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011.

First, write a post on your blog with a link back to wherever you heard about the idea first.

No comments:

Post a Comment