5.08.2011

Refilling the stock: Latvia


In Riga I continued my yarn shopping at Hobbywool.


I also bought a pair of fingerless gloves made using a traditional technique of needle-binding, and decided that I want to learn the technique myself. I bought the needle with instructions, but unfortunately they only had them in Latvian. I couldn't quite figure it out from the pictures, but I'm sure to find help in the web, even in Finnish as the technique is also used here.



Riga seems to be a crafty city. I spotted a couple of knit graffitis in the streets of the old town, and sat by a sewing table at a café. All the tables were old sewing machine tables converted to normal tables. I'm not sure if I was happy about it or not. There were also a number of old Finnish Tikkakoski machines. I just wish they were broken down and for that reason repurposed, because these old sewing machines are becoming really rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment