6.18.2012

Hoot-hoot!


These owls have flown into my Etsy shop
Hoot-hoot! Go get one for yourself!



A few new experiments:
Above:
A lace bracelet. I made double yarn out of used fruit bags - the ones you get for free when you by fruit or weggies, they are the see-through type, thin plastic. I crocheted it, melted and let it cool in shape around a tube. It turned out pretty much like what I'd hoped for. The plastic turns white when melted.

Below:
A bag out of an old shirt. Cut off the sleeves, armholes serve as handles.  Cut off the collar. Seam the bottom. That's it!


4 comments:

  1. I love the owls :)
    How did you melt the bracelet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the owls :)
    How did you melt the bracelet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Maaju!
    Here's a link to my post about melting plastic bags:

    http://pakkasenpurema.blogspot.fi/2009/04/sulatettu-muovikassi-melted-plastic-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, thanks! That was very informative and inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete