3.19.2013

Winter at its best: Skiing in the sun







The day after the Aurora night was sunny, but quite cold. I had a day off, so I headed skiing on ice. Around the deserted island I spotted a building I hadn't seen before.
The wind was really cold, but I managed to find a perfect spot on the shore where the air stood still. After having a snack I closed my eyes, and oddly, it felt like summer. The sun was really warm, and all I could hear was the wind and some birds singing. Until a snowmobile drove by.. that took the summer feeling away. 
This is winter at its best!

2 comments:

  1. Kylläpä tulee kaipuu metsäretkelle! Jospa ensi viikonloppuna.. Aurinko suorastaan häikäisee silmiä ensimmäisessä kuvassa. B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Metsäretket on kyllä huippuja! Maanantai oli tosi aurinkoinen päivä. Piti kaivaa aurinkolasitkin naftaliinista.

    ReplyDelete